The Compassion Fund
Help build awareness, shift attitudes, and catalyze action for a more just world.
The Compassion Fund is a newly launched initiative to empower our nation’s changemakers with compassionate and powerful storytelling and programs to nurture compassion and healing.
The Fund will support Odyssey Impact’s work of producing documentaries of social injustice and racial divides, creating social impact campaigns around the films to educate and empower our nation’s changemakers and building coalitions of people to inspire action, connect communities and drive social change.
Your consideration, friendship, and gifts are critical to our mission, and we appreciate every one. Thank you
• To build awareness of social injustice[/bsf-info-box]
• To shift attitudes through brave conversations[/bsf-info-box]
• To drive actions toward social change[/bsf-info-box]
OUR MISSION: Odyssey Impact drives social change through innovative storytelling and media, connecting faith and secular communities.
Founded in 1987 as the National Interfaith Cable Coalition, Odyssey Impact is an interfaith 501c3 that harnesses the goodwill of faith based and secular organizations to build awareness, change attitudes and catalyze actions for social change through award-winning films, powerful stories, impact campaigns and coalitions of change makers.
Thank you for caring and our best wishes for your health in every way.
For stock donations or donations via wire transfer and ACH, please contact our Advancement Director for instructions:
Director of Strategy and Advancement
To make a gift by check, please make the check payable to “Odyssey Impact” and mail to:
P.O. Box 1080
Southport, CT 06890
If you have any questions or need Odyssey Impact’s 501(c)(3) letter, please email [email protected] or call (203) 368-8649.
Donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Thank you for considering a donation to help connect communities and heal!
For those of you interested in the tax benefits afforded by the CARES Act, here are some highlights and please, read this informative article from Fidelity Charitable.
- The CARES Act allows for a deduction for charitable gifts made in cash of up to $300. If you are not itemizing on your 2020 taxes, you can claim this new deduction.
- Corporations can now deduct up to 25 percent of taxable income (increased from 10 percent).
- For IRA Qualified Charitable Distributions (QCD), the CARES Act did not change the rules, which allows individuals over 70½ years old to donate up to $100,000 in IRA assets directly to a charity annually, without taking the distribution into taxable income. However, under the CARES Act, an individual can elect to deduct 100 percent of their AGI for cash charitable contributions, effectively affording individuals over 59½ years old the benefits similar to a QCD.
- For those with a Donor Advised Fund, you are still able to deduct up to 60 percent AGI in cash, and up to 30 percent, AGI in appreciated assets contributed to a donor-advised fund.
HOST A SCREENING
Host a Screening and discover the value of using Odyssey Impact’s diverse resources to extend your organization’s work.
Odyssey Impact’s films and accompanying resources help secure grants for organizations, build new grassroots and national coalitions and inspire action.
Our impact campaign for Milwaukee 53206 helped criminal justice reform organizations advocate for the release of the film’s main subject, Mr. Baron Walker, who is now reunited with his community and family.
Email [email protected], to learn more about hosting a film screening in your own community, place of worship or campus.
BECOME A PARTNER
At the heart of Odyssey’s Impact mission is to connect people, communities, and organizations to powerful stories about the issues shaping our daily society, including racial justice, gender justice and mass incarceration. Partners are vital to all our work.
Please contact Anne Faustin-Davis at [email protected] if you feel you have:
- Expertise on one of the social issues at the heart of a current film campaign.
- Influence in driving audiences to connect through social media and marketing.
- Skills that help drive strategic development.
- Interest in supporting a campaign with a charitable gift.
Our MILWAUKEE 53206 Partners:
- Healing Communities
- Prison Fellowship
- Union Theological Seminary
- McAfee School of Theology, Mercer University
- Candler School of Theology
- Urban Institute
- Ebenezer Baptist Church
Our The Rape of Recy Taylor Partners:
- NAACP Youth and College Division
- Connect NYC
- Wall Street Alphas
- The Park Avenue Christian Church
- Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority, Inc.
- The Center for Anti-Violence Education
- Faith Matters Network
- NYC Allaince Against Sexual Assault
- Columbia Seminary
PRESS RELEASE: [Feb. 03, 2020] | ‘Odyssey Impact Awarded $1.5 Million From Lily Endowment to Grow Faith’s Voice in Building More Compassionate Communities’
NICK STUART INTERVIEW: [March 20, 2020] | ‘Odyssey Impact Head Talks Using Docs Like ‘The Sentence’ for Social Change’